HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My contest entrys OFFICAL P&Y score is in.........
Old 01-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Antler Eater
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My contest entrys OFFICAL P&Y score is in.........

Very fine buck indeed... Congratulations again, those kind don't walk by everyday!!

Great pic too!!!

As far as the P&Y ranking issue... I don't have their latest edition at this time but I do have the 1999 fifth addition so these numbers obviously have been increased. To give you a "ball park" idea of where you would fall if you should decide to enter.

As you know, for Whitetails it takes a minimum of 125 NET inches to qualify in the Typical Catagory. In the 1999 Fifth edition there were 18,510 people listed who qualified and entered in the Typical catagory. 135 3/8 would tie you with 76 other people for 10,056th place.

In the Non-Typical catagory it takes a minimum of 150 net inches to qualify. Again in the 1999 Fifth Edition there were 1139 people listed who qualified and entered. 156 3/8 would tie you with 3 people for 1083rd place.

As far as having a "higher score" in one catagory than the other, looks like 6 of 1 and a half dozen of the other to me.....