HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your thoughts please
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 05:32 AM
griller

Default Your thoughts please

I am starting to do some building of a gun collection. Not a serious collection as such, but a nice hunting collection. I guess I am looking for ideas. Mid range is pretty covered already but I am looking for a 25 and a big bore. I was holding a remington lamintated 338 ultra at Cabelas the other day that I liked. Does anyone have one of these? Do you like it? In your opinion is that gun in 300 ultra better?

Also looking for a nice 25 cal. Anyone have a 257 Weatherby, a 25wssm Browning with Dura-touch, or a 257 Hot Tamale that they can give me their thoughts on? The article I read on the Hot Tamale was interesting but I think they run about 5K to get one? Yikes!

Any suggetions welcome. Keep in mind that I probably am only willing to part with about 2-3k for each rifle and scope package. I am trying to build the best that I can, matching looks function and optics. These rifles will be hunted, albeit gingerly. I have some synthetics for the tough hunts. I am looking to build a nice case to talk with the guys about between football and golf, and to hand down the heritage to my son someday.

All opinion are welcome and appreciated.