HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - my under the bed home defender
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 07:42 PM
rost495

Default RE: my under the bed home defender

No children and I doubt both of us will be injured at the same time. Well actually 2 kids. A lab and a mini doberman.
Pistols are hard enough to shoot with both hands. But at least you can shoot them with one hand. The accuracy really suffers but at the ranges in a house, it shouldn't hurt.

Giving away an advantage. To each his own. In my house I'm not going to wait till the intruder is in my bedroom and just shoot. If I hear something break- I want them to hear my shotgun. Then I know its not a friendly and if they continue in I have justification to shoot them(both legal and mental). After all I still have the other 99% of advantage. I know my house in the dark. They dont have a clue. Find me behind my bed before a wad of shot hits you in the chest-- slim to none and I just saw slim on a horse headed out for the weekend. I'm not sure on your train of thought on not giving anything away, but I'd assume you want to identify the intruder to make sure its not a friendly or mistaken somehow. At that point you are also given away if you ask or shout. Plus I don't want to wait till they are into my room, much less through the door frame. Too many bad things happen the closer you and the perp are.