Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 my under the bed home defender >

my under the bed home defender

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

my under the bed home defender

Old 12-20-2004, 02:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default my under the bed home defender

got to love her

Old 12-20-2004, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: my under the bed home defender

don't mean to preach but don't you think that under the bed is a little unsafe I pray that you don't have any young kids in your house
Old 12-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does that 9mm x 19 stand for 19-rounds in the clip? I had a buddy that worked for Ruger in the early 1990's. He owned a few Ruger pistols. I always liked the feel of there pistols.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:24 AM

Does that 9mm x 19 stand for 19-rounds in the clip?
9mmX19 is the cartridge it is chambered for. 9mm X 19mm. It is the same as the parrebellum, and luger.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ahhhhkk my eyes[:@]

Sorry, Ruger makes one of the ugliest guns short of a Hi-Point. But at least they are solidly built, shoot well and are dead reliable.

Old 12-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, Ruger makes one of the ugliest guns short of a Hi-Point.
Ditto. Ruger makes a pretty nice rifle and excellent revolvers, but their semi-auto pistols lend a whole new meaning to the term "clunky." I've never cared for them, myself, but it's a personal thing. It seems to me that there are two types of people, those who absolutely love them, and those who absolutely don't.

I also don't like the newest Ruger pistol. Seems Ruger has sold out to the antis with all the unnecessary "safety" features built into that pistol. The most noticeable (literally) is the chamber loaded indicator on the top of the slide. It's about an inch long and sticks up maybe 1/8". It has "CHAMBER LOADED INDICATOR" stamped on the top and "LOADED" with two big red dots on both sides. It's also got a magazine disconnect, which means that if you were to have to reload in combat you're pistol is useless until you get a new mag in the guns regardless if there's a round in the chamber. No thanks, I'll stick with Glock or the Springfield XD's.

Mike
Old 12-20-2004, 02:08 PM

Not a fan of the way Ruger auto's come apart to clean them, anyone thats had one knows what I am talking about.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

thats a nice under bed gun, but i have a browning BPS wtih 500 rounds under mine there target rounds loaded with 8 shot, we had no other room for them so under the bed they go. and on my air hockey table is amy 17hmr with 100 rounds. I'm a home intruders worst nightmere. its all safe it there no kids and everyone is educated in gun saftey. the guns are locked.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

My his and hers home defense guns:

http://kizdolmb.tripod.com/gun/id1.html
Old 12-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

My version.......

Quick Reply: my under the bed home defender

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.