HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Lbs. to string new bow?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 11:06 AM
IL Rancher

Default RE: What Lbs. to string new bow?

Just be careful on how fast you build up that strenght or you will put yourself on the DL like I did. Got my new bow, was pulling it at 64#'s, which was easy as pie, slipped a little on one pull and now I have a lovely case of tendonitis in my brace shoulder. I think actually I strained my shoulder the night before doing some farm work but it didn't seem out of the ordinary when I was a little sore after shooting. Didn't think that it was tendonitis at first and shot two more times (with a day between each time) but after the 8th shot on the last day, I put my bow down and said screw it for now. Been a week now and this is the first day with no soreness in the arm but I will be sitting out another week at least for me to be sure. Ticked me off becasue I was shooting real nice groups finally at 25 yards. Now, I got to find some good stretches to make sure that my shoulder doesn't do that again because once I start back up I want to stay started until next October so I can have good confidence in shooting.