HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buffers for rifles
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Jeff Ovington
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buffers for rifles

Was browsing through the Hornady web sits earlier today and noticed
Hornady offers light mag ammunition. Their velocity is claimed to be 2900fps for a 180gr bullet. They say they use a cooler burning powder and a unique loading method to achieve this extra energy in standard calibers. I understand that this is a advertisement and that companies like to exagerate but Writers don't.They tend to be unbias, they get all the facts in and test them under alot of different conditions before they make a descision based on results.Granted Results will be different for everbody because factors play a part in the end. Barrels ,climate, elavation will all effect what you achieve.But one should see an improvement in flatter trajecteries using higher velocity loads and higher retained energy at impact regardless of where you live even if you can't chornograph
your loads fired throgh your gun. Whether or not one gets the same accuracy or tightness of grouping is up to the individual and his allowable tolerences. The 3006 has always been a great caliber its all I use its versitility is unmathed but these improvements I think will serve to enhance its performance and keep it the leader of the pack.