HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what do you want in pa
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Unclebuck 300

Default RE: what do you want in pa

Eliminate youth days...

The number of hunters is declining dramatically throughout the country. Why should we care about introducing kids to the great sport of hunting and giving them an opportunity to experience it outside the confines of the normal season.

We should just continue to push them away, not give them any encouragement or assistance.

Just think how many extra doe would be around if we didn't allow them to hunt. That would probably solve the herd reduction problem all by itself.

This is not to mention all the other youth seasons, just the deer one as I assume you intended?

No Bucks in Archery Season..

So...with a 60% reduction in doe tags..and not allowing Archers to take a buck, the only thing I can assume is that you don't want the number of Archery enthusiasts in the woods. Those that are are going to be there can shoot off all the does and contribute to the herd reduction..sounds like great management to me.

Make everyone follow the same AR restrictions?

I have read over and over in here about people wanting smaller areas managed so that the PGC has better control over the deer and habitat within each of those areas. Guess that only applies to does in those areas and not bucks?

I do have a question though based on what I have been reading. Lets assume that you stop shooting all does for a couple years in the areas that are "deerless". Maintain the current levels in areas that have the carrying capacity. Maintain the AR as they are and let the small little bucks grow up. Would that help anything?