HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to bowhunting and the forum!
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 09:16 AM
nubo
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New to bowhunting and the forum!

jshaun!

Between the 2 bow's you've looked at ,both these bow's are very good choice's ,and as you have said money is an issue.So in your situation if you were to choose from these 2 bow's I'd definetly go with the Tomcat because the price is right for you ,but you are going to be adding a few buck's to this when you add a rest,sight's release,peep,stabilizer and most likely a case into the equation ,your going to be looking at 600.00 most likely after you've added these .Regardless which bow you go with your going to have to add these option's to it.As well I'd definetly go to the proshop because they can give you hand's on lesson's on how to set your bow up to fit you correctly so that you don't get frusturated trying to do it all yourself since your a beginner. It's also nice to have the use of the range so that your able to practice ,and there will alway's be someone around to help you out in your time of need .Sure buying package's off line can be very affordable but you don't get the proper help with the bow that you'll need to know when setting it up for yourself. BowTech is a great company as well as Hoyt, but I think that the Tomcat is a very affordable price for you . Next year when you decide whether you like shooting your bow ,you will be able to upgrade with better gear as your able to afford it ,like a new sight,today and a new rest next month or maybe even a new bow . Good luck with buying a new bow .Also welcome to the forum and don't hesitate to ask question's whether you feel that they might be stupid or not because we've all had to start somewhere .

nubo