HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - magnuns 125 grn 2 blade broadhead test results
Old 04-19-2002, 06:19 PM
5 shot
Nontypical Buck

Default magnuns 125 grn 2 blade broadhead test results

Magnus 125 grain 2 blade:
Accuracy: 4 points
Plywood: 5 points
Tire: 4 points
Steel drum: 4 points
Cutting diameter: 4 points
Blades: 2 points
Non-mechanical head 2 points
Total score: 25 with a blade sharpness rating of C+

This is one impressive broadhead in my book. I found the accuracy to be very good, as good as my Muzzy 3 blade 125’s . I know that many have stated that heads of this type can be “fussy” but I did not find this to be a problem. I do however spin test ever broadhead before shooting it, and my bow is tuned well. I found the accuracy to be better than that of the bear razorheads I have tested.
In the plywood the head got through ok, without any damage. The penetration was not as good as some of the other top heads, but I think this is due to the two blade configuration. Two blade heads tend to “slip” through, rather than “bust” through the wood. In the tire it out penetrated every other head I have tried. It got through the first side stopping about 2 inches from the fletching. Impressive considering how tough a tire is. In the steel drum it shot through the first side, and stuck in the far side with a third of the tip sticking out the backside. After all the shooting the head is still in good shape. I was able to sharpen it, and it still shoots great. While it is a two blade head, it is fairly wide, at 1 ¼”. As they come out of the pack, they are just so close to being ready to hunt with. They just about shave hair, but it takes a lot of work. The Good news is they are probably the easiest head of this type to sharpen that I have tried. With any good sharpener most anyone should be able to get a good edge on them. If you are looking for a two blade cut to the tip style head this is my fist choice for sure.