HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shafted by Spot Hogg
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 04:51 PM
gregvisser

Default Shafted by Spot Hogg

Just wanted to post a Spot Hogg experience I've been having lately:

Don't misunderstand me: their sights are awesome (probably the best there is) and if you're in the market for a sight - buy a Spot Hogg sight. I use the Hogg-it Hunter and am very happy. Recently I've been using my bow in competitions and instead of shooting bowhunter unlimited had to shoot freestyle unlimited due to the sight wire on the Hogg-it hunter. I thought I'd be clever and buy a Barebones (no level, no wire) sight head from Spot Hogg and interchange this with my Hunter head as and when required. In theory a brilliant idea - in practice dealt with the wrong company.

I enquired to the price of a sight head and was quoted $24 (on my initial email I specified a head to be pinguard and pins). I thought that was reasonable since a new barebones sight cost somewhere $50-59. Imagine my surpise when I was charged (without ever seeing the number) an additional $47 for sight pins. Total cost $61. If I had known this from the beginning I would've rather opted to buy the entire sight new for $50-59. When queried, I was told the $24 was only for the pinguard, which does not include the pins. Still - had I just known this in the beginning! ! ! Spot Hogg has agreed to take the package back and refund me, but this is not really an option since it was already shipped to New Zealand before I found out about the charge. This means I would have to pay for shipping both ways which is $34. I have tried to ask for some discount at least to make some of the pain go away, but my emails have been ignored as of late.

Oh well - great sight, crappy deal Make sure you know what you've been quoted on BEFORE you buy!

Greg