HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reloading setup question
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004, 09:30 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Default Reloading setup question

I want to start reloading but I have a question or setting up everything.
I went to a Garage sale and picked up a ton of Lee equipment for $50 a year ago but have had it stored. The man that sold it to me was going blind and had reloaded for years. I was the first to look at the equipment and ask why so little$$. He then ask me alot of questions and then answered my ?. He told me that he had enjoyed hunting and reloading for many years but with his eye sight going he knew the time had come to stop. He wanted to find someone that would enjoy it as much as he did and not someone that was going to break it up and resell it.
I have had it stored becouse shortly after that my wife ran off with someone else and we have been going through that process. Anyway I find myself with time and need things to do.
When I bought it everything was in boxes, 4 total. Some books, brass cleaner, 2 loading presses, powder tricklers, scales, die sets, accurtrimer, elect. lead melter, the list goes on. In short I think I have two compleat setups and then some.
I went to Home Depo and picked up a work bench and have it setup in my work room.
What is the problem you might ask? How do you put this stuff together
The books are on reloading itself but there is nothing on how to assemble any of it.
The lee press has the rotating plate for the dies and a powder holder that should fit on the press. I looked up lee presses and they are the Lee Turret Press but found on instructions on how to set one up.
Do any of you have a link where to find this info? Also do you have any pictures of how you set up your loading bench?
I want to reload 6.5 x 55 swed., 3030, 3006, 45, 9mm, 357. Yes it came with these and several more.
I am sure I will have more questions in the future.
Thank you,
Rick
almost forgot, 25 rem. also