HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Colockum Elk numbers
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 09:47 AM
summit daWg
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Colockum Elk numbers

January to about april the only ones of us who can get up there (except maybe this year) are us Snowmobilers, and during those months there are no animals up high any way, Also, just about the entire Quilomene GMU is closed to snowmobiling. As for gates -there are too many already,and I dont want to start that direction at all. How about maybe some ENFORCEMENT instead, or maybe cameras at access points (been through an intersection lately) since the technology is out there and we must all soon have the license plates soon that have the hologram that acts as a BULLSEYE for those cameras! (CD in the rear window can confuse them!)

ORIGINAL: OUfan

i was up in the naches area this week elk hunting in the cleman area. and i talked to a biologist and they are putting gates on the area up there to keep all the people out from jan1st to april 31st for the protection of the herd since that is a wintering area. that is what they need to do on the colockum and it might keep the rest of those of those warhoops out of there from killing the rest of the herd