HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Jacket Bullet for the 44 Mag
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 09:35 AM
darylc

Default RE: Jacket Bullet for the 44 Mag

Remington? Really? The only Remington bullets I ever shot were in my .17 Remington, and they were good bullets. Looking at the pictures of the Remington they do not look as clean and sharp as the Hornady bullet, in fact they look kind of rough, but I believe your claim.

I am looking for a good consistent bullet that I can buy in bulk and fine tune the charge of H110. Once I have a load that will consistently keep them in a coffee can lid at a 100 yards, I’m good to go. I used to experiment a lot with my bench rest and varmint rifles but for hunting guns I like to fine 1 consistent load and shoot that forever. That way I know exactly what to expect in all situations.

If you were having good luck in silhouettes with the Remington, then it must be a good one.

I did shoot a box of Hornady 265 gr bullets though this gun and those seemed to shoot really well but it appears they no longer make this bullet. Have you shot 270 or 300 gr bullets? If so, is the drop more noticeable at 150 yards, then say 240 gr?

Thanks for the tip.

Daryl