HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How much drop after 100 yds?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 06:30 PM
ahankster

Default RE: How much drop after 100 yds?

Hey,
Great bullet. I had started shooting them in my Enore earlier this year, they ran out locally and finally got some more.

I had mine sighted in at one inch high at 100 yards. The furthest I can shoot on a range locally is 150. From what I was seeing was 1 inch high at 100 gave me a bit more than 1 inch low at 150. Extrapolated I figure it would be about 5 to 7 low at 200. When I get the chance, I am going to shoot over my Chrony and get a better idea of the performance. That said, I haven't shot over 150 to test out the theory.

I am shooting 2 50 grain pellets of 777. When I have time, I am going to try three pellets but am not in a great hurry. I have shot 4 deer with this combo and have had full passthrough and damage about equal to a 308 or so on the deer. One thing though, I don't go for shoulder shots. I shoot a muzzle loader similar to shooting a bow, a couple of ribs behind the front elbow. Usually get a double lung hit, full passthough and lots of blood to track. Don't usually get an instant kill, but also don't get allot of meat damage to the front quarters either though.

Good luck
Hank