HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - knight original disc ML
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 02:33 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: knight original disc ML

I feel so low tech here. I still shoot a Wolverine II LK-93 with #11 cap ignition. The rifle shoots great. It is small and light weight and easy to carry. Clean up is not half as bad as some of the rifles I shoot. I lube the breech plug once, with CVA Slick Nipple and Breech Plug Grease and have shot it 20 times and never had a seize problem. If you suspect the thing is geting seized just reach in with a wrench and turn the plug a little bit. Not take it out, just break the seal that might be forming and get back to shooting.

I hunted in a sloppy snow storm this year with it. I had a finger cot over the end of the muzzle and nothing protecting the breech. At the end of the day I left it loaded and put it in the woodshop with the cap removed. The next day I recapped and it fired like a sweet dry spring day.

I've never shot the Knight Disc. But remember it has a Green Mountian Barrel a timney trigger, and the guarantee of Knight that it will shoot. They also have a great customer service from what I hear, but have never had to use it... If the price was right and I did not own this wolverine, I would get one.....