HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Buy 'n Burn
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Unclebuck 300

Default RE: Pa Buy 'n Burn

ulysses,

You are absolutely right. I have run into people that are like that, wasting the game that they harvest. I am glad that they make up such a small minority of the hunting population and and I don't run into them often.

I would agree that PA has some serious issues with deer numbers and the harvest decisions that are made. There do need to be changes made and the hunters in the state need to do more to make the PGC more proactive than reactive to the issues surrounding game management in the state. The only way this is going to get done however is through sportsman banding together and working with the PGC to see these changes get enacted. Are you going to be able to please everyone, not a chance, but compromise is a way of life and I'm sure that the direction could be changed to create a balance between the sides.

I know that in my state they hold public meetings to allow input from hunters in regards to the laws, limits and upcoming legistlation? Does that occur in PA? If so, do those that are so vocal on the boards take an active part in them and work together toward change? I have no idea, but I do know that there are very few people present at most of the meetings that I have attended here.

The main part of my post was directed at hunting and the pleasure it brings me. I don't have to harvest an animal to have a successful season and it isn't all about the kill for me. I just was hoping as you did, that people would stop for a moment and look at what they enjoy about hunting other than the kill.

Thanks