HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I saw the Boogie Man!! Now I'm scared to Death!!
Old 12-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Doemasters
Typical Buck

Default I saw the Boogie Man!! Now I'm scared to Death!!

OK.. I know alot of you will write this off as a joke, but I am not laughing & I know what I saw. I was deer hunting in Central Alabama Sunday morning. It was drizzling rain & I had seen no deer, when I catch movement out of the corner of my eye. My brain automatically assumes it's a young deer because of the size. I ease my head around & realize I am now whatching what appears to be a world record bobcat walking toward me at 30 yards. This thing weighed every bit of 50 pounds. Suddenly, it pounces in 2 giant hops to his left & then 2 more back in the brush where it had appeared & I never saw it again. Now the kicker... this cat had a long tail! I could see some faded markings, almost like a bobcat, but the body was too long for a bobcat. I have done a little research & I know cougar cubs have very destinct markings until they reach around a year old (when they gain the popular champaign color). I believe, unless someone convinces me otherwise, that I saw an adolesent cougar. Again, I hunt in Central Alabama. I've always heard we had long-tails around, but never believed it until now. I think I might know now why the hair stands up on the back of my neck sometimes when I'm out there. Can anyone help me out here?