Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I saw the Boogie Man!! Now I'm scared to Death!! >

I saw the Boogie Man!! Now I'm scared to Death!!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I saw the Boogie Man!! Now I'm scared to Death!!

Old 12-08-2004, 12:20 PM

Default RE: I saw the Boogie Man!! Now I'm scared to Death!!

That's crazy! As for the black panthers, my boyfriend's dad lives up in northern Michigan, there aren't black panthers up there, but one had gotten loose from a zoo (his dad didn't know this) and was roaming about... no one knew where it was, but one day he was driving and looked in his rear view mirror only to see a big black thing jump into the middle of the road in one leap and then off the other side of the road in another leap. He couldn't believe his eyes, he knew it wasn't a black bear since they don't exactly leap and bound, so he called the dnr, they told him that one had been loose for a few months now and that he had been spotted here and there, but only seen a few times.

They said that the last sighting was in the same general area and so DNR was positive that is what it was. Talk about hair on the back of your neck standing up, it was only 1/2 mile from his house!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

Here's something on thier presence a little farther north but i found the comment about the growing florida population interesting.

http://www.northernontario.org/Debbi...ern_Cougar.htm
Old 12-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

Do you guys think the Game & Fish Departments have had anything to do with the increased sightings? Especially in States that are not known to have any cougars? I dunno... with the increase in our herds here in Bama, the insurance companies are having a fit to control the population. We can take a buck & a doe everyday from Oct 15th - Jan 31st. We can even use crossbows now. What do you guys think? Could they have released some under the publics radar?