HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Relations with Game Wardens, biologists, etc?
Old 12-06-2004, 08:24 AM
avid_bowhunter2005

Default RE: Relations with Game Wardens, biologists, etc?

I totally see where you're coming from. I hunt with Jim Carnes, the Wildlife Off. for Highland County, Ohio- he also goes to my church. He helps me out with places to hunt, tells me where the hot spots are, and he informed of a new wildlife area in fallsville (last year) before others new about it. I was the first to hunt and fish *since it was named a wildlife area* at the area! He helped me get to know a lot about deer hunting and even get my first shot at a deer (I missed, but oh well). He helped me get a deer processed for free and he is mounting for free as a gift! I absolutely love the guy! I get together sometimes with him and other officers and we'll play around on guitars, share hunting stories or just sit back, relax and enjoy life.

As for seeing an individual like one in the woods, not yet, and if I did I'd probably have a chat with him or her.

Of course some people don't agree with them walking around the woods and finding you at you hunting spot, but hey, if sombody's got to do it, I'd rather it be a game warden rather a trespasser!