HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting
Thread: Hunting
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 06:44 AM
davidmor

Default RE: Hunting

Stevo I won't repeat what everyone else has said as they are right on the money. I will say don't feel bad and don't give up. I hunted 6 years before I shot my first deer, a button buck. I was thrilled and once I shot him I felt like it was worth the wait. Someone said you need to get some does under your belt before going after the big buck. I completely agree with this. That first deer I shot I was so nervous and excited I could hardly keep the gun still to shoot. After shooting a few you will calm down a lot. Don't get me wrong, you will still get excited but you will be able to control it better. Heck I shot a doe last night and I was still excited and that is after a lot of dead deer over the last few years. Of course that could have something to do with the fact I picked off the doe while she was standing next to a nice 4 PT. buck. Where I hunt, it is 8 points and above. I waited for the doe to get next to the buck before I shot so it would 'feel' like I took the buck! I have shot a few nice bucks but no monsters and nothing to take to the taxidermest. I am still waiting for my day to come, and I know it will if I am patient enough. Enjoy the woods, watch the does and learn what they do. Spend time in the woods during the off season to see their patterns. Before you know it, the bucks will come your way. Good luck and enjoy the time spent hunting. Hunting season is too short to be frustrated!