HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - IDNR ARCHERY DEER CHECKINS FOR 2002
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2002, 04:55 AM
Bo Hunter
Spike

Default RE: IDNR ARCHERY DEER CHECKINS FOR 2002

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
But I'm not going to knock the coal miner who worked 29 years and lost his job. Some families have to shoot a couple just to make it through the winter months. Some in Southern Illinois just aren't fortunate enough to hunt for pleasure. Sad but real. You read in the papers about thousands of meals being donated from deer hunters donating their kill but have not ever heard of a family receiving it. Maybe it's just a northern thing. How do all the packing plants come up with free sausage samples? <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Easy, there boy. Some people on this board, like myself, actually live in S. IL and know how things are here. And if what you just wrote isn't one of the biggest crocks of crap, then nothin' is.

Bow tags are 2(!) for $26. If anyone can afford archery equipment today, then they sure as h*ll can afford $26. And there are a boatload of archery check station in S. IL, so not being able to get the deer checked doesn't cut it, either.

BTW, I have seen people get food that was donated by HFTH. They're called food banks. Poor people, like you described, can get food from them, including donated venison.