HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Note to self, NEVER go lion hunting.
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 08:33 PM
muley69

Default RE: Note to self, NEVER go lion hunting.

ORIGINAL: soonershooter

Hold it, Hold it, Hold it. I feel like the referee in that Miller Light commercial. "Personal foul on Hector for the beer and I need to inspect his girlfriend for further review." Guys are you stupid? If I'm hunting lion I want to be guided. Guides aren't there to just let you kickback and walk up for an easy shot. This PH saved his client's life. There's nothing wrong with this video and it just shows how dangerous game is why they're called friggin dangerous. I bet if they had video back in the day of Teddy Roosevelt, Jack O'Connor, Karamojo Bell, and all the other great outdoor writers of England and the U.S.A. there would be some of you also calling these founders of our sport Yahoos and putting them down for the exact same thing shown on this video. Haven't any of you read how many men are killed hunting for lions and elephants? This is NOT fuel for the anit's. Give me a physical break. They're not clubbing baby seals. Do you tow the line in defense of all hunting (especially eye to eye with a lion at 40 mph) or are you wimps? I hunt whitetails from an elevated stand overlooking crops or corn feeders in the mesquite flats. No one thinks twice and good for me. If hunting lion on the ground without bait and then getting knocked to his ass and rising to his feet for the finishing shot gets him called for hunting unethically then I am more unethical in my pursuit don't you think? All this video really proves is that a wounded maneating beast charging you at 40 mph can make you miss shots with all the adrenaline and you're mighty thankful for the invention of the 5 round clip and whiskey.
Well, I was going to get back on here and defend my statement but you did it much better then I could. I got tears in my eyes from laughing! Well said sooner, although I think Auburn should play USC for the national title.