HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - IDNR ARCHERY DEER CHECKINS FOR 2002
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2002, 10:21 PM
Lady Forge
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: IDNR ARCHERY DEER CHECKINS FOR 2002

I hate to see the money just all lump sumed together wish they would keep the money paid by hunters going to departments directly related to hunting and fishing and land acusitions etc.. Personaly i could care less if i ever saw another bike path on public land im sorry if i offended anyone i didnt mean to its just that they are not supposed to be any bikes allowed on one paticular piece of stste land near here and they ignore the sign and ride all over the place,but on the flip side they do allow horseback riding and they are supposed to stay on marked horsetrails but of course they dont they ride all over the place, and the horses tear up the trails and land alot worse than the cyclist do, So why ban bikes but allow horses??????In regards to checkstations there is one at middlefork state fish and wildlife area except in the 2 years that i have hunted there(hunted it alot) I have yet to see it open for anyone to check in a deer or report an emergency god forbid,so how much could this one checkstation cost them to run if it is never open,I talked to the ranger that is supposed to run this check station and he was as friendly and helpful as a headache. Okay time to step down off the soapbox.