HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What has been the highlight to your bowhunting thus far?
Old 11-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Blodg

Default RE: What has been the highlight to your bowhunting thus far?

This is an easy one for me. The highlight of my bow hunting career happened this year when I watched over my 11 yr. old son's shoulder as he shot a 140+ class buck for his first deer. Yes he used a crossbow and not a regular bow but I can justify that since he is too small to shoot his Browning Micro Midas at the state minimum of 40 lbs. (and much preferred to taking him gun hunting). I have killed 3 Pope & Young bucks myself and those memories do not compare experiencing this hunt with my son. Some people even asked if I was dissapointed because If I had been sitting in my stand without my son I would have shot him myself. Either those people are fools, don't have kids, or maybe my mindset is just different because I was way happier and excited having him shoot it than myself. To have a father and son sit in the same tree at the right time and remain quiet, still, and scent free enough for a mature buck to come within 16 yards may have been a once in a lifetime experience.

Go here for thread of anyone did not see it:
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...1&key=&#824667

And just one pic: