HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - does anyone get burnt out from hunting????
Old 11-29-2004, 09:11 AM
tazimna
Fork Horn

Default RE: does anyone get burnt out from hunting????

For those of us who are able to hunt as often as we like, it can be a chore to get out after awhile. Last year I only missed 4 days out of 100 days of season. Did the bow, rifle, muzzle season to get my 5 deer along with helping friends fill their tags. It became a mental game to psych myself up to go out again. This year I chose a different strategy. I chose "not" to hunt the first 2 weeks of bowseason, in an attempt to be fully "with it" when rut came. I found it helped alot to keep me focused. Here we are into late November and I'm still going strong. Yesterday I just finished a 10 day hunting marathon with my cousin on leave from Iraq. Ten days straight of being in the woods by 6:30 am and out at 5:00 pm. It was definately a "mental" game for me. My cuz had no problem due to being out of Iraq. We did manage 4 does and 1 9pt and 1 13 pt, so the effort was worth it. I'll take this week off and hit it again next week.Taz