HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread
Old 11-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Leverdude
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Backstrap Boys" (2) Thread

I took a nice buck Monday on NY states gun opener. Only a 4 point without brow tines but he dressed out at 170 lbs. He came right in to them deer scents sticks. I'm gonna try them again when I get back out with the bow

Went out with my bow Sat afternoon before I left for deer camp. I was sitting in my ground blind & looked up to see a 6 pointer lookin my way from 10 yards away. I grabbed my bow & looked back out & he was gone. Then he popped back up again, turns out he was behind a piece of ledge & I could only see his head when he looked up & a few inches of his back. So I waited for him to take a few steps & it was taking a long time. I turned on my cell phone to check the time & in my frenzied state failed to turn it off. Well he took a step & was almost there, just one more....... & the damn phone rang! He didnt freak like I thought. I turned it off as fast as I could & when I looked back he was just walking away. Went about 30 yards & started feeding again so I dont think he really spooked. It was another 30 minutes till I lost sight of him. Turned out it was my wife on the phone asking if I was gonna be home for dinner. Told her she just chased dinner away so she may as well fix something.

Good luck guys, I'm still tryin!