HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 05:25 PM
deadshot

Default RE: Disabilities

ED my good friend i was in this very same boat not to many years ago, it is hard to admit to yourself that you arent as physicaly fit as you would like to be or you where at 1 time,, BUT and this is a very big but if you dont or cant admit that you arent as healthy and fit as you once used to be then my friend you could end up in far worse shape than you are already in..

and this i can say with a bit of knowledge 4 yrs ago the doctors told me i needed to slow down if i wanted to lead a somewhat normal life, did I listen hell no i thought i knew better and yup you guessed it i reinjured my back but the thing is i walked around for almost a year with my back rebroken in 2 places i was in constant pain and my health just progresively got worse. i then had to have a second surgery but it was to late i had done enough damage to my body that it
couldnt heal. and because of my arrogant pigheaded stuborn pride i basically have put myself in a position to where i am in constant pain the whole right side of my body for the better part of 3 yrs now has been numb and i sleep about 20 hours a week tops i am on pills for pain but they are of little help and now lisa and i are battling with my high b/p it usually runs about 190/ 120 or there abouts the docs say i have blocked arteries and i have been thru some rather invasive testing, the docs say im a great canidate for a massive stroke or heart attack,, i am going thru life right now feeling useless and i keep wondering how long i will be around. hopefully i will make it thru all this long enough to see my 5 children grow ,

ED all the advise in the world is only as good as the person who recieves it now granted i refuse to be put out to pasture but i have learned to slow down and enjoy the rest of my life
and my advise would be the same to you,, please take life with a grain of salt and listen to your doctors bud , it will take time to adjust to a new way of life but in the long run you will come to realize that it was all for the better well i think i rambled long enough but i will stop here with this last few lines,,,,

lisa and my prayers are with you and your better half , take care of yourself and we will see you at sunsets next year ,,,,,, larry