HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first rifle
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 06:15 PM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My first rifle

Welcome DavidM! [8D]

I am the proud owner of a Marlin 30AS 30-30 rifle (as seen in my sig below). It is an older version similiar to what is now the 336. It is pretty lightweight, manuverable, and a sweet shooter. I snatched it up immediately last year, when a guy at work's wife had a new baby and stuff, and well, you know how things like that go. His wife said "sorry, the gun goes". The guy had it out in his truck and during lunchtime, he got it out to show me. He let me borrow it for a couple weeks to see what I thought, etc..etc.. Anyway, it has a monsterous Simmons Pro Hunter 4-12x40 A.O. scope on it with see through/raised scope rings. The guy then said, "I never had a problem with it. Haven't hunted in 6-7 years or so with it, but it's a great gun. $200 bucks and it's yours." Man, I jumped on that deal so fast!!! There's no dings, scratches, blemishes or anything on it.

I have shot dozens of Remington Core-Lokt 170gr rounds out of it and it is a snappy little shooter! I really think the Marlin 30-30 is built way better then Winchester. If you like the 30-30 and are used to shooting one, then grab a Marlin. You won't be sorry!

Again, welcome aboard!

Butch A.