HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - dogs in the deer woods
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 08:53 PM
mike bell
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: dogs in the deer woods

Listen, we have a major problem with stray, wild or feral dogs, what ever you call them. The club I'm in, on average, harvested thirty to forty deer a year when I joined. Now if we get ten a year we are lucky. One thing we know, is that dogs are a big problem. We see more dogs tracks then deer tracks now. We have several trail camaras placed on the property. Guess what 80% percent of all pictures are of------------- D O G S ! ! ! None of them have collers.

So which is it?

Landowners rights or pet owners rights?

What if your pet dog, is responsible for causing someone in my family riding a horse on my land, to fall off and get seriously injuried or killed because your dog chased or spooked the horse? Whos responsible for your dogs actions now???

I would not shoot someones pet dog but as far as Im concerned, the pet dog owner should be charged with tresspassing and pay a fine to the landowner. Maybe that will keep pets out of the woods.

I own dogs, and I go out of my way to make sure they aint in the woods. I would think that another man in his right mind would respect another mans right to his land.

If its not someones pet, remove it. If it is their pet, hold them responsible.