HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - #8125- how long will it continue to creep?
Old 11-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Rangeball
Nontypical Buck

Default #8125- how long will it continue to creep?

My diamond hornet is strung with #8125, with several hundreds of shots on it. After the initial creep, I twisted things back to factory spec, tuned up, sighted in and have been shooting away for several months, with no movement.

Last week I shot the day before a hunt, everything was perfect. Got up the following morning, walked to my tree, slapped my climber on, climbed, got set up, and 20 minutes later took a 15 yard shot at a P&Y 10 point. I missed him low, right under his heart area, shaving hair off his chest. I figured I muffed the shot, but since when I pulled up and drew my draw length felt a tad long, I wasn't so sure to blame the operator

I just got a chance to shoot my bow, and found that I was a good 3-4" low on every shot. Sight, NP and rest are rock solid and haven't moved, nock point seems secure, but when I shot through paper, I have a good 1/4" nock low and slightly left tear, which previously was a perfect bullet hole. I checked and found my ATA had increased 1/4" or more.

I'm perplexed. For the life of me I can't come up with a reason why my string/cable would stretch 1/4" essentially overnight, then hold steady there. I plan to twist things back up, but I'm totally confused and dissapointed as I've tried to do my best to make sure me and my equipment was ready for the moment of truth, and this came totally out of right field...