HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Our woods has gone silent.....
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 11:28 AM
NHBuck

Default RE: Our woods has gone silent.....

Seems it is true in my neck of NH. Area I have hunted where there was always sign seem to have dried up. We are having a good deal of small houseing developments popping up all over the place. There have been very few shots last weekend and today. I figured since last weekend was opening of muzzleloader and the weather was terrible( Rain Sat and Hot Sun) we'd hear plenty of shooting today. I had a few small does Appear during early bow season but haven't seen them since. Haven't seen any scrapes in my area or to many rubs either. Even the can and the doe in heat pee thats the rave of this site hasn't produced. I know I'm sitting plenty still wether I am in the stand bow hunting or on the ground with the muzzleloader I've had squirrels come within 5 or 10 feet of me feed and walk away, without chattering at me! I'm about to give up here in NH and concentrate out of State where the deer herds are stronger. At least elsewhere the chance of a few strolling by keep your interest up. Sunday afternoon I'm hooking up with fellow board member Adams for an afternoon hunt on his property. Hopefully things will get better.