HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thinking about getting a new bow....
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Thinking about getting a new bow....

If you are looking for a bow that is effecient at lower poundages I would take a look at the bowtech line. Mine works very well at 26 inches of draw. Since your draw legth is gettting into the 25-26 inch area you could step out of the Youth bows and into some of the better ones if you wanted. I have a Mighty Might and am very happy with it. They have a module type adjustment system and start at 25 inches I think, with half inch module increases. Plus you can tweak the let off, valley and draw length in small amounts with the draw stop post on the cam. The modules are pretty inexpensive and a bow like this could last you a very long time if you took care of it. Not real cheap though, then again not real expensive either. And bowtech does have some lower priced bows than the mighty might that are aimed at women and youth archers. I think when you shoot the mighty might you will like it though.

I agree with the above, I don't think your ready for mechanicals yet.

You could also check out the hoyt line up as well, they have a couple bows for around 350 to 400 dollars that are very nice. I almost bought one instead of my bowtech. You could look at Darton, Parker, and PSE as well.

Paul