HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - is this happening in your area?!?!?!?!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Michael J. Weigel

Default is this happening in your area?!?!?!?!

ok,

i couldn't get tags this year...in fact i couldn't get tags for most of the sierra nevada...the DFG didn't have any on opening day either and didn't even open their office (this has never happened before)...i thought that maybe it was just bad luck but while talking to the boys at work about it i was told that some enviro-wacko group had raised funds, got hunting licenes, applied for and got a huge number of the availiable tags....which they destroyed!!!!!

has anyone here heard of this happeneing in your areas?

what can be done about this?

i am an ethical hunter but it can drive a person to poach...we really need the meat and it seems unfair for this kind of crap to be happening...i have never poached and will never but i can't say that the thought hasn't crossed my mind (for the 1st time ever)...just imagine all those deer that will starve because we weren't allowed to take off the excess animals in an already over populated area...heck, i watched a doe and her 2 fawns starve to death in my own backyard last year.....what a shame!!! and frustrating!!!!

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]