HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bear checking Question
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 12:52 PM
BOWHUNTERCOP
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bear checking Question

Ok heres the low down on the law here in NJ, and what you need when checking in your deer, and or bear during the 6 day shotgun season.

1) firearm hunting license
2) bear tag
3) make sure the animal is tagged and filled out correctly, there is always a chance of a SOB who would love to play COP, and write you up
4) alot of you guys may not know this and you will not find it in the NJFG&W Digest....At all times while hunting, transporting, etc. you MUST carry your NJ FIREARM PURCHASE ID CARD by law. Last year on opening day of the 6 day shotgun season my friend Sean was stopped by Federal Park Rangers, they asked for the card he had it home, thank GOD I was there, and I showed them my Police ID, then they were cool let him go with a warning...Come to think of it, hey Sean you still owe me a Steak/cold beer dinner for getting you out of that jam..Anyway the next day at work I looked it up, and its a true law NJS 2C:58-3 & 2C:39-5, and its on the front of the cards.

As long as you guys carry a card, they wont run a check to see who owns the gun it takes too long, but trust me as a cop, some of these Game Wardens get most of the action during the shotgun deer hunt, and they get all excitied playing COP, so carry the card avoid the red tape BS.
Your friend will be good togo!!!!!