HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - $150 scope
Thread: $150 scope
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 04:43 PM
cybersniper
Fork Horn

Default RE: $150 scope

I tell people to search ebay for a used Leupold. Yes they are expensive, but they are very much worth it. The thing with a Leupold is they all have a lifetime warranty. You buy one scope to last you the rest of your life. The resale is also good compared to almost any other brand.

If you sight in a Leupold it will stay that way until you switch to a different ammo. It's comical watching guys with bargain scope sight in every year. When eactly do these scopes lose there zero? I sight in every year but have never found my zero to be off with a Leupold scope. Again, they will cost more but you get what you pay for. You should be able to find one for around $200.00-$250.00 new. Look for a VXII, you don't need to buy the VX-III. Natchez shooting supply usually has some prett good deals. I like ebay because if there is a problem you just send to Leupold and they will fix it.

Other quality scopes are the Zeiss, Swavoski, the Bushnell elite series, and some of the Burris scopes.

I am a Law Enforcement sniper and have to rely on quality optics. Just about any large department PD sniper team, FBI, or military snipers use the Leupold scopes.

Just remember, "you get what you pay for" There are no big "rip off" manufacturers when it comes to higher end optic.

cybersniper