HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Bloopers
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Joe D.
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting Bloopers

Very funny stuff!!

1st
Last year a friend of mine wanted to borrow my shotgun for the opening of deer season. I was up the mountains at the time so I told him to go over my house and get it from my wife. When he got to the house my wife went upstairs to get the gun, unfortunately she grabbed my bass guitar case and handed it to him. Lucky for him he checked before he left. I can only imagine opening up the case to find a guitar in the morning instead of a gun. Maybe he could of hit it over the head.

2nd
I parked under some power lines last year to do some deer hunting. When I returned, I went to get into my truck and I got zapped while trying to lift the handle to open the door. For a few minutes I thought someone placed something sharp under my door handles as a joke as it felt like something was cutting my fingers. After investigating the situation and seeing no blood, I come to realize that because I have power locks, parking under the power lines must of sensitized my locks. Every time I tried to open the door, I would get zapped. That went on for about ten minutes. I finally smartened up and placed a shirt over my hand and was able to open up the door.

Moral of story: Don’t park under power lines if you have power locks. You may return home with your hair standing straight up.