HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Bloopers
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 08:51 PM
JerseyJim
Typical Buck

Default Hunting Bloopers

I would love to hear about funny, crazy, wacky, silly or just plain unbelievable things hunters have done or Things that have happened while hunting or getting ready to hunt or after the hunt ect.ect...Like this one, One time when I was squirrel hunting in late October I had just shot a squirrel and went to retrieve him in a grape vine thicket. After finding the squirrel I laid my gun down, took out my knife and started to clean him. While down on my knees I heard what I thought was someone whispering. When I turned my head I found my nose 6 inches from a 5 point bucks nose! I had just shot the gun 2 minutes before and was making all kinds of noise the last thing I expected was a deer in my face. He must have been deeeep in the rutting mode and if I hadn't turned my head when I did I may have found out what those does feel like during the rut! When I stood up (shaking like a leaf) he just walked away slowly.No care in the world! I couldn't even hunt anymore that day. I was totally freaked out! Do you guys have any stories like this? If so I'd love to hear them. I have a few others but I would like to see some of yours first. I don't want to make myself look like too much of an idiot yet. I hardly know you guys...LOL....Have fun...Jim