HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Tribute To The American Indian
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 01:59 AM
muley69

Default RE: A Tribute To The American Indian

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

muley69

Your last post was much better than your first two! Unfortunately as sad as it is , through my eyes anyway , most of what you said is true. But I look at the intentions of the original posters thread , and by your response I seen absolutely no respect for the original indians the poster was speaking of. You came in with both barrels blazing as if someone had touched a nerve. What kind of assumptions would you expect some to make? If you choose not to give any "tribute to the american indian" thats fine by me. But dont assume that all american indians lived the same as the ones you read about (I'm assuming the plains indians) , because their cultures differ like different countries of the world.
My response was to the second post, not the original. My barrels are still blazing. Why do you assume I only read about plains indians? I did more than read, my minor is in Native American Studies. I authored several papers on the subject, dealing primarily with the issue of soveriegnty. A case study shows several flip flops by the supreme court on whether tribal indians were a soveriegn nation at all. The current reasoning by the US gov is that they are "dependant soveriegn nations".
Since your so concerned with this issue, why don't you tell me and the rest of the board what your 20 years of study of your heritage has inspired you to do for the current state of affairs with reguard to reserevation life? Also, how do you reconcile your love of hunting with the way indians "hunt" animals today? By that I mean how do you feel about unlimited seasons and tags, the lack of game management on reservations, the slaughter of animals by todays indians, and the unlimited catching of fish by any method. Does todays hunting "ethics" by indians offer any insight to "ethics" of indian hunters 200 years ago? These are all important questions that you need to ask yourself, and enlighten us on the answers you obtain.