HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin Buck Activity
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 08:19 PM
BILL J.

Default RE: Wisconsin Buck Activity

Sunday eve. I was out in the Wood Co. forest. Saw a decent six feeding on acorns(there's a ton of them around this year!!)along with a single doe.Turkeys spooked both of them off but the buck came back After an hour or so, I had 2 does and a fawn come in the same area. The buck ran them out of the area,the same way does chase others off a corn pile. He had no interest in chasing or anything.He fed back to my stand and I decided to shoot him quartering away around fifteen yards, he ran forty and dropped. Two days before that I saw several small bucks feeding the same way among several does... DropTine, my folks have land just east of Lake Camelot. My father has been out a couple of times and hasen't seen too much. I'll be out that way duck hunting the next couple of weeks, and if I see anything I'll let you know. Where do you hunt??? I know a ton of places that in years past have had rubs and scrapes starting in Sep. that I could refer you to. I don't hunt as much in that area anymore(just on folks land and duck hunting on Petenwell). Let me know...