HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - a deer hunting question
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 11:50 PM
babybird

Default RE: a deer hunting question

sorry to have used bambi in reference to the fawn that was shot. it's a term we've all been using around here. i know the difference just wrong wording

thank you for your reply. it made me look at the situation in a different light. in all honesty, i think the size, the age, etc is up to the hunter. even though i don't feel it was right to kill a fawn, at least he did use the meat. and he is an inexperienced hunter. i can understand him being excited about his first deer. i grew up with hunters in my family and went through the 'i got my first deer' with many of them. even though i don't like it, i can understand the excitement.

this guy has been teased about his kill and i do think the next time he goes hunting (and maybe with the experienced hunters that have been giving him grief) maybe he'll get himself a buck

i can go both ways on this deal. if people didn't hunt, we'd have overpopulation, diseases, and whatnot. and i did explain to my coworker my feelings and he no longer talks about it around me.