HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with my setup?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Bigpapascout
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats wrong with my setup?

ORIGINAL: Trueburton

what do you mean "right"? I bought the bow as a package deal and it can installed. so i don;t know if it is set up right or not. I had gander mountain set it up when i bought it. how can i tell if it is right?
I dont think I can elaborate any more that what has already been said by these other guys.

center shot is the alignment of the arrow to the center line of the string
assuming the string center line is dead center of the riser you should be able to look down the center of the string and the arrow will be centered from front to back. some bows cams track to the center of the riser some bows cams are off set.

If the bow is a dual cam the arrow will set square to the string if it is a single cam the nocking point will be high from 1/8" to 3/8"
another thing to be concerned about dual cam bows is the timing of the 2 cams if the timing is off the bow will shoot the arrow eratically you will need to take the bow to a pro shop and have the tech look to make sure if it is in time and have him to explain how to check the timing of the cam

another thing to consider is that the bow is properly tuned and you are not using a consistant anchor point when shooting.

It is very inportant to do every thing the exact same way every time you shoot the bow.