HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread
Old 10-09-2004, 08:32 PM
RattleSnake1
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Well fellas, I managed to take a decent 9 point this morning, but I'm hesitant to entering him just yet. Here in WI, as long as I shoot another doe, I can hunt for another buck. My brother and I already have heard from the neighbors to our property about 3 yeah THREE bruisers running around in our woods and popping out once in a while in their fields...lol, but they always go back into OUR woods...lmao. The neighbor, whom I believe after seeing some of his headmounts, knows a good buck, and said he'd shoot any one of the three.....soooooooooo.....I think I'm going to hang onto this one for now until I see if I can't get one of the bigger ones......we can only post ONE for entry. If nothing else, we already KNOW we're on the board if it comes down to it...we're NOT skunked. We had decided to take this buck out because we knew him by a mark on his back(bald spot) and though his body was getting large at 180 lbs. dressed, he just didn't have what he should for a 3 1/2 yr. old buck. Enjoy the pic, but I will warn you...he stopped just as he started to enter my shooting lane....I couldn't hold back any longer, and shot him in the neck.