HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - No Time for the woods.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 10:12 AM
wihunter402
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No Time for the woods.

When I was in your shoes I pretty much gave up bow hunting and took up waterfowl hunting. My son is now 16 and daughter is 14. The duck and goose hunting allowed me to take them with. Now they have a love for the outdoors and my son has taken a real interest in the bow hunting. This is my 3rd year back bow hunting. I would be lieing if I told you I didn't miss it but I also would be lieing if I told you I would have done it differently. Those days in the duck blind are very special to me. Just as the days are now in bow camp.

Like others have said enjoy the time with them now. They do grow up fast and then they have their own ideas on what they want to do. Right now my son has only been out hunting with me one weekend this fall.[] He plans on stopping up for part of the day Saturday with his "gurl" friend. Guess I can't compete with the girls. I do miss him in camp but I know he will come back. For now just spend all the time you can with your kids. You will be rewarded ten fold for every hour you spend with them.