HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property
Old 10-07-2004, 07:24 AM
m.t.hands
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property

ever heard the saying "Loose lips sink ships" i hate it for you we had a piece of property leased the first year 1$ acre we did not kill any deer the first 3 yrs, we worked our tales off put in food plots, stands, gates, the works, your gonna love this part a lawyer and a dentist found our proerty, 3500 acres all one tract from an airplane ride, found the land owner and leased it out from under us, if you lease property try to get a 10 year lease with first right of refusal, our rate had gone to 3.50 acre these guys come in and offered 5, you can't blame the landowner, well the next year we told the landowner we would give him 6.50 so the hotshot lawyer and the dentist ended up paying 7 probably no big deal to them but i'm still glad it cost them a little extra. also i try to keep it quiet about where i hunt, who's land i hunt, and what i've killed. once again i hate it for you but it is the way things are, and seams to be getting worse