HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's new?
Thread: What's new?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 08:40 AM
adams

Default RE: What's new?

Thanks for the supports guys. I know it will get better in years to come though.

I did have a thought. The ridge was primarily maples and spruce trees. There wasn't a single oak on that ridge and since theacorns have been falling early this year I was thinginh about seeding the ridge with white oaks. I can think of no better time then the present to bury some acorns in hope of creating "my own special food plot". I know it'll take years to produce but time will pass and in 15-20 years I could have a haven of white oaks on the primo ridge.

I really have no gripe but the timing was about as poor as it's ever been. There is more moose sign then I've ever seen in my life on that ridge. The moose have wasted no time in getting to the new sprouts as they start to grow. This weekend I plan to hunt the frindges of the cut. I'm sure the deer havn't gone far and I can now easily play the wind as there is a 750 acre void where it won't matter if the wind takes my scent. Hopefully the scouting will pay off and I'll get my shot. If not it's still nice just to be in the woods (That's what I love most)

Thanks again guys for the support. I wish I had it Thursday afternoon though