HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - where should i set up
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 03:52 PM
Bugeaters

Default where should i set up

i went to my aunt's farm last weekend. i haven't had much time to scout the farm, but the couple of times i did i saw deer in an alfalfa field by her creek. well last weekend i brought my bow along and still hunted from the pasture towards the alfalfa field. i got about halfway and met a doe and her two fawns on a trail she was coming down and i was going up. if she had been a little closer or if a branch had not been over the trail i would have taken a shot at her. in the evening i set up off the alalfa field and saw a doe about 90 yards away. problem was it was so dry it was like walking on potato chips. now back to my question in the pasture along the creek there are several oak trees (not clumped together) and the acorns are falling. should i set up by the oaks and hope a deer comes by or should i set up off the field and wait for them to come out? (this will be a much easier question during rifle season) oh this is about a 240 acre chunk of pasture creekbottom trees and farmland. what do you guys think?