HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any 04 Patriot, Dropzone, Fixed blade shooters out there?
Old 10-01-2004, 08:38 PM
DaveC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any 04 Patriot, Dropzone, Fixed blade shooters out there?

Hey Joe, I don't mind if you chime in at all!
Mr. Fritz was just the only one thus far trying to help me out.

My bow is flinging the arrows out tail left hard and then the arrow recovers. UNTIL today my FP's were always left of My B/H's. The obvious fix would be to move the rest out, but when I would try that (and try that, and try that....) my broadhead groups would OPEN UP.
As it sits right now the center shot is a tad over 15/16" away from the riser. Anything past that and the BH groups would increase in size.
The funny thing is when I moved the rest past 1" over I could hear the difference in the arrow flight. I guess the vanes were working OT trying to correct the arrows flight.

I'm happy with where the Patriot sits now and am afraid that when I take it to the pro-shop next week to get the "CREAK" looked at that it will be bumped from it's current state of tune- depending on what they do to it.
If I get time tomorrow I'm gonna fling some more Phantoms and see how they do, I'm not getting my hopes up though. Hopefully a fresh arm and my bows newly found state of tune will allow the phantoms to group better.
If my bows will not group a B/H less than 2" at 30 yards then I will not hunt with them. Too many unpredictable things can happen after the shot to start out with less than an accurate arrow. IMHO

The "I" cam on my 2002 Mighty mite would throw the nock down so hard that I couldn't use my WB deluxe rest with it. Shooting cock-up the inside fletch would actually hit the biscuits holding bar. I tried and tried until I gave up and bought a TT shaky hunter. I had a less than fun time tuning the TT rest I put on it, but when I finally hit that fine line of in tune-ness it was ON.
I put that same deluxe rest on my "I" cam Stalker and it works like a dream, no issues what so ever- go figure?