HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any 04 Patriot, Dropzone, Fixed blade shooters out there?
Old 10-01-2004, 07:02 PM
DaveC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any 04 Patriot, Dropzone, Fixed blade shooters out there?

MrFritz44- here's an update and ?

After doing some searches on different broadheads that "shot like field points" I ran across several threads mentioning SLICKTRICKS. Then I remembered I had 2 left from last year I never shot. With my mighty-mite shooting phantoms so well I never really gave the Slick Tricks a shot. I loaned one of the 3 pack out which is still imbedded in a 3-d deer's leg[>:].
So today I shot the two I had with freshly fletched arrows and both hit dead on at 30.
I then got 2 out of 3 of my 3 blade muzzies to hit within 1" of bull at 30.
The Stingers still shoot perfectly also.
I ran out of time before retrying the phantoms.

After fooling with Mech heads in the past and since my KE has decreased to 65 ft/lbs. I have decided to use them only on stands that are under 15' high due to heavy bone encountered when the shot angle increases. I do prefer their increased wound channel and shorter bloodtrail, especially on evening hunts when going it alone.

Here's my ?
Since the bow will shoot 2 different style- fixed bladed broadheads on the money at 30 and the other style within 1"- is this bow tuned enough to hunt with those heads AND mechanicals?