HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ever hunt with a 6 year old?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 07:59 AM
RTA47
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ever hunt with a 6 year old?

I took my daughter when she was 7. I put her in a lock-on stand that i put up a couple of weeks before. I also asked if she could stay still? and without question she sead yes! well we sat there for a couple of hours and then she told me she was cold![:'(] I told her just a little longer. About five minutes went bye when i heard something coming our way? It was a nice four point chassing a doe. She looked down just as the doe past us then the buck ran right up in front of us then stopped. She did very well she did not move at all. I was not going to take him but i thought just for a moment? Taking a deer with me kid will be a momory that i will never forget. So i drew back and shot hitting the buck right behind the shoulder. After the shot the buck took off running and she yeld out YOU GOT HIM!![&:] After a short blood trail there he was. But i could not shut her up for nothing! Untill i told her she had to help me drag it out!! Well she did and to this day that is one of the greatest memorys i have ever had.