HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do these sights work?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Carwi

Default RE: How do these sights work?

ORIGINAL: mdbohuntr

The ones I have seen and I use one is you sight your bow and mark the distance (20yd, 30yd, ect) on the sight window with a piece of tape and move the slider to a distance you marked on the tape.

That's exactly what I do. I have a Cobra Easy Slide Extreme. I put a small strip of adhesive backed label paper on the back of the rest. I sight in at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and 80 yards and mark a line at the pointer when sighted at the intended range. Of course the lines get farther apart as I get up past 60yds but you can move back and forth shooting at different ranges. Using my rangefinder I get the distance move the knob and bam! Works every time. When hunting I have it set at my 20yd mark and rarely move it. But when I target practice I shoot at all ranges. Also, if my intended target is say 45yds then I put the pointer in-between 40 and 50, it works like a charm. The sight is very bright and durable. I recommend it to anyone. I like it that I center my peep on the bright housing and lay the pin on the target dealing with only 1 pin, it's a great sight. I'll never go back to multiple pin setups.